The most important postgraduate activities of the Materials Engineering department are:
- Setup meetings of the Graduate School Specialized Council and approving the proposals of master's theses and doctoral dissertations.
- Following up and referring the approvals of the Graduate Studies Council of the University.
- Reviewing the bylaws to present the views of the Materials Engineering department to the Graduate Council of the University.
- Reviewing applications related to changing or modifying the title of master's theses or doctoral dissertations
- Entering information about proposals, grades, graduation minutes, etc. in the Golestan system.
- Coordinating the registration of new students and the selection of courses of the graduate students.
- Coordinating the presenting of postgraduate courses and collaborating with educational section of the department
- Coordinating and following-up for holding comprehensive educational and research exams for the doctoral course.
- Coordinating the defense of master's thesis and doctoral dissertation sessions.
- Conducting the interviews related to the second step of the specialized doctoral exam and final summarizing the points of those who are eligible to enter the course.
- Reviewing and pursuing the opening of new courses in postgraduate courses and reviewing and following up on new master's and doctoral levels.
- Reviewing the documents and determining the points of the professors applying for incentive capacity.
- Reviewing the documents and determining the points of the outstanding supervisors and the graduate students of the department.